It’s twofer Wednesday!
First, 10 Questions from L. of Viva Carlos:
1. Is your horse spooky or bombproof? There’s definitely a spook in there, but for the most part he’s got a good brain. Maybe a 4 on a 10 scale.
2. Does your horse have a long or short stride? Average.
3. Describe your current barn in 3 words? Educational, fun, diverse
4. If you could switch barns, would you? Nope. See above photo.
5. Favorite brand of breeches? Animo and Aztec Diamond
6. How many blue ribbons do you have? No freakin clue. I started showing 20 years ago and have either given or thrown away the vast majority of my ribbons… I just don’t keep track of them. “Lots” is the best I can do.
7. How many saddle pads do you own? A couple half pads and 6 or 7 baby pads, plus a shaped hunter show pad.
8. Is your horse your phone background/lock screen? Yes, lock screen
9. Do you go trail riding often? No real trails in the riding vicinity but we take walks around the property or hack out in the fields more often than not.
10. Favorite horsey movie? Horse in the Gray Flannel Suit, no doubt. It’s about a jumping horse so basically there’s no contest here for me. Seabiscuit and War Horse would tie for second.
And B at Auf der Autobahn is running a blog hop about what’s in your tack trunk! She asked us to “share your equipment essentials, from protective boots to bridles, saddles and saddle pads, breastplates to bits!”. Can’t resist that. Unfortunately I don’t just have a tack trunk. I have a tack locker, a tack trunk, the trunk of my car, the backseat of my car, the guest bedroom, and a Rubbermaid bin. So… ahem… we’ll just pick the top 3 spots.
My favorite (and least embarrassing) is my big locker/closet at the barn. My saddle (CWD) is obviously the biggest item in there with my Ogilvy and girth/breastplate on top, but I’ve also got my XC vest, the hackamore bridle, the Mark Todd bridle, my bathing bucket, my grooming bucket, Ovation and GPA helmets, a couple Rubbermaid drawers and my clipper bag (has my Lister body clippers and Andis “everyday” clippers plus all my extra blades and accessories). And umm… yeah that’s two 3lb buckets of treats. Spoiled pony. The left Rubbermaid drawer has polos and fly bonnets, the right one has boots (two sets of open front and hind ankle and one full set of galloping boots) and tack cleaning stuff. I can’t wait for my PS of Sweden bridle to come and join the mix. I do have plans to move one of my home Rubbermaid tubs to the bottom but just haven’t done it yet.
My show trunk, which lives in the garage with SO’s ’56 Mercury. There’s mostly just random stuff in here… DMSO, sticky spray, liniment, my quarter mark stencil, whip, the Ariat Heritage gloves that I HATE, random stuff you need at shows, etc.
And Henry’s wardrobe. Or the trunk of my car. Whichever. There’s a turnout sheet (Amigo), turnout blanket (Schneiders), two coolers (old school wool Newmarket and irish knit), a quarter sheet (wool of course), Sadie’s Nibblenet and some human clothes/rain gear in there too. I have nowhere in my house to put this stuff soooo it’s just lived here since spring.