Part of my job at work involves putting together metrics, and while I loathe the data gathering process, I love the finished product. The same applies here. 2016 was my 3rd year of blogging, and every year I’ve thrown together some basic infographics. To me it’s more “for fun” than anything else, since I don’t really use the numbers for anything, but it’s interesting to see what was popular and how the years compare to each other. I thought 2015 was going to be a really hard year to top, but somehow 2016 managed to rally in the last few months and surge ahead.
Top 10 Posts of 2016
- Thoughts on Jersey Fresh (5,767 – this one got picked up by EN so no surprise)
- Blowing the Whistle (3,391)
- So You Think You Want to Breed Your Mare? (3,067)
- Fair Hill Part 3: The Thing We’re All Talking About (2,964)
- Black Friday Sales (1,653)
- Passing Judgment (1,042)
- Keeping Secrets (1,015)
- Review: Lorenzini Stirrups (988)
- The Great Half Pad Debate (969)
- Return Policies: Where to Draw the Line? (931)
So basically, everyone likes controversy and sales. Interestingly, the lowest viewed posts tend to be show recaps and lesson/schooling recaps. Am I really bad at writing about them or is it just that uninteresting?
Karen is so much better at commenting than I am.
Many thanks to everyone for following along with Henry and me this year, and for all of your support. Here’s to 2017!
Is there anything you’d like to see more of here? Less of? Specific topics you think I should cover? Feel free to leave me some feedback below, or use the form on my contact page (in the menu bar above) to email me directly!