First of all, before we get to the actual point of this post, two things:
- Henry jumped out of his stall last night. I guess he decided he needed an XC fix or something??? I opened the back door to go feed this morning and there he was in the courtyard, screaming at me for breakfast. His stall door was still latched and there’s nary a mark on him. I can see the hoofprints where it looks like he landed in the sandy barn aisle. WTactualF, horse? I expect this kind of crap from the babies but you’re 13, stop it.
- Hufglocken is having a 25% off sale so if you want a custom Mattes, now is fo sho the time. Code is SAVE25.
Ok, moving on.
If there’s one thing this Rona situation has taught me for sure, it’s that real pants are overrated. Real pants being pants that have zippers and/or buttons, of course. I’ve been living in leggings, and it does not suck. Pretty much all I do is switch back and forth from my “house leggings” to my riding tights. My fat rolls have never felt so liberated.
It has made me convinced that I need another couple pairs of riding tights. I’ve really grown to love them because they’re more comfortable for doing barn chores in too, so I don’t feel like I have to constantly change pants. The ones I have (Ovation Aerwick) also have a pocket on each side, which I love. I keep my phone on one side and usually have treats or a hoof pick in the other. The only things I don’t really like about the Aerwick are the waistband (it’s elastic) and the slight shininess of the fabric. I’d really like something that was more like a yoga legging, with a wide waistband and regular stretchy sport fabric. And since the collective hive mind of the internet is better than one person with google, I figured I’d ask for suggestions here.
This is what I’m looking for (and yes I’m being really specific, because if I can’t find some just like this then I’ll take the easy way out and buy more Ovations).
Must have features:
- a phone pocket on each side
- knee patch, not full grip (or would even be ok with nothing, like a regular athletic legging)
- no seam up the inside of the leg
- wide waistband
- under $65
- burgundy and hunter green (would settle for dark gray. I have enough navy and don’t want black or anything bright)
- don’t sag
- no cotton
- aren’t see-through
So far I think the only ones I’ve found that meets all that is the Aztec Diamond ones, although they only have burgundy. Are there any out there that I’m missing?